Your San Diego Copier Purchase ExpertsAre you thinking about buying an office copier, but need help making a wise decision? You’ve come to the right place. At Office Space Copier, we’re happy to assist you with all your copier purchase needs-- plus, we can answer any questions you may have. Buying an office copier is the right choice when your business copier and/or plotter needs will stay constant for at least the next 5 years. Purchasing may also be less expensive compared to leasing depending on the lease rates provided.
Also, you can inquire about our payment plans if you don’t have all the money up front, need 90 days, etc. We offer the flexibility and expertise you need to make the best choice for your current situation. We’re ready to help you buy an office copier, so contact us today for more information.
Copier Purchase FAQs
What should I negotiate when Purchasing a new copier?
- 3 Year Warranty on the equipment if you have a maintenance agreement.
- No annual increases on Maintenance Agreement.
- Ability to change the allotment of copies quarterly. Do not lock into an annual commitment of copies that are included.
- Add a Performance Guarantee to your paperwork and have both parties sign off on it. Click here for a Performance Agreement.
- Install, setup, delivery, and training should be included.
- No toner shipping fees.
- No Travel Fees if you are located in the service area.
- No document processing fees.
- 30 Day Cancellation for service with written notice.
Is purchasing an office copier less expensive than buying one?
Purchasing a printer or copier may be less expensive depending on the lease rates provided.
What are the benefits of buying an office copier?
- You won’t have to pay interest to lease the equipment.
- They make parts for copiers up to 7 years so if you were to purchase the copier you can have up to 7 years of performance. Although most warranties for equipment purchased with cash are only valid for 3 years, and must be on a maintenance agreement with the original company for the duration of the time or the warranty is voided.
- Contact your CPA for the tax benefits associated to purchasing equipment. These benefits can also be obtained through a $1.00 buy-out lease if you don’t have the capital upfront.
Should I have a Maintenance Agreement if I purchase the Copier
Yes, you should always have a maintenance agreement. This also acts as your warranty on the equipment. You should negotiate that you want a 3 year warranty on the equipment if you are to continue a maintenance agreement with them.
How much will I pay for Maintenance Agreements during my lease?
Maintenance Agreements increase 10% every year. You can and should negotiate this prior so there are NO annual increases
What should Maintenance Agreements include?
Maintenance agreements should include toner, parts, service and labor. Paper, staples, and IT services are excluded after initial installation.
What are common hidden fees in a maintenance agreement?
- There are several hidden fees in a maintenance Agreement that should be negotiated prior to committing.
- 10 % annual increases.
- Travel - They can charge you a trip fee per service call.
- Shipping fees - Toner is to be shipped to you when you need more. This should be included. It is common for companies to charge the shipping fees.
Tell me about quarterly reviews
Ask for quarterly reviews. If you have a seasonal business and or school, reduce your allotment of copies during the summer so you aren't paying for copies that you aren't making.
Negotiate a Performance Guarantee
-Negotiate a Performance Guarantee, and get it in writing. Click here for an example of a Performance Guarantee. The most critical portion to negotiate? If the equipment is not operating within the manufacturer’s specifications, the copier/plotter or accessories should be replaced for the remaining term of the lease.
What are the disadvantages of buying an office copier?
The initial expense of buying an office copier may be too much for some small businesses to deal with. When a company needs copy equipment with advanced features or the latest technology, buying can prove very costly and repairing can be just as bad. Replacement costs are also an issue, as well as harder-to-maintain standards of consistency if a company has more than one copier across multiple locations. Leasing may be preferable to maintain these standards.
Do you have questions about copier sales, leasing, and rentals?
Contact us and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.